The Global Education Coalition is a network of NYC-based organizations whose primary objective is to support educators in the New York metropolitan area in creating globally competent youth for tomorrow's future.
In July 2011, Concern Worldwide US, Global Nomads Group (GNG), and the U.S. Fund for UNICEF co-hosted the first Global Education Coalition meeting to formalize a working group of New York City-based global education organizations and educators. The Coalition, which now consists of more than a dozen organizations, is uniquely positioned to promote best practices and policy recommendations on global education in the New York metropolitan area. By working collaboratively, the members of the Coalition seek to establish a strong platform to increase global education and to build momentum for broader engagement with educators, students, administrators, policymakers, and other key stakeholders.
The primary objective of the Coalition is to support educators in the New York metropolitan area in creating globally competent youth. As the Coalition is comprised of organizations with a national reach, New York metro area service providers, and globally-focused recipient organizations, the nature of the participation will vary in the realization of this objective by the member organizations. Nevertheless, all members will contribute to professional development, 21st-century skills-based curriculum design, and innovative global education policy.
1. The Coalition seeks, through its service-providing members, to be a key provider of professional development training in global education.
2. The Coalition will serve as a forum to coordinate to the development and delivery of global education curriculum, services, and opportunities by its member organizations.
3. The members of the Coalition will work together to be a driving force in advocating for global education and developing global education policy.
1. Monthly meetings – To provide updates, discuss areas of collaboration, and allow for strategic planning.
2. Website – To maintain an Internet hub for our member organizations’ URLs, one-pagers, and curriculum links, as well as Coalition information and updates.
3. Outreach – To connect with globally-interested educators to make them aware of our resources.
4. Professional development – To provide (though the member organizations) resources and expertise for ongoing training in global education for educators and other key stakeholders.