The Global Education Coalition is a network of NYC-based organizations whose primary objective is to support educators in the New York metropolitan area in creating globally competent youth for tomorrow's future.
The GEC-NYC held a PD Workshop on “Fostering Global Competency Among our Students” at Bank Street College of Education on July 22nd. Thanks to everyone who participated. Check back for updates about upcoming PD opportunities.
See below for resources from the July 22nd workshop:
Powerpoint Slides for all sessions can be found in this link.
1. Introduction to Global Education and Global Competencies & Cultivating the Global Competencies in Your Classroom: Tools and Strategies
Asia Society Global Competence Matrix
World Savvy Global Competence Matrix
2. Building Global Competency through Physical Exchanges
3. Building Global Competency through Virtual Exchanges
4. Building Global Competency in Any Classroom
5. Building Global Competency through After-School